Co. Name- US based ED-tech start up
Position- Senior Manager/Manager- Sales and account manasgement
Location- work from home
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned categories and accounts
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends. Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns
- Create frequent reviews and reports with sales and financial data
- Ensure the availability of stock for sales and demonstrations
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply and demand
- Completes national/international sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintain sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees. As well as counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job result
- Ability to prepare reports and use of the appropriate mode of communication. Must be proficient at analyzing data, building reporting and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends.
- 10+ years of relevant B2C sales experience.
- Must have experience in selling in EdTech domain
- Selling to parents is a plus (K12)
- A global selling experience is a must
- Willing to work in multiple time zones.
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Strength in problem-solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must have hands-on experience with CRM tools (Zoho, salesforce etc.), leadloft/SalesLoft, some level of marketing automation tool understanding like; Marketo, Pardot etc.